Finding a warehouse for rent in Charleston can be a daunting task if you don’t know know where to begin. Negotiating deals, determining terms, and signing a lease can be overwhelming if you don’t have a commercial real estate agent to help you nail down a space.
Learning how to find a warehouse for rent in Charleston and hiring the right commercial real estate agent for the job can help you get your business up and running in a quicker amount of time.
- Choose a type of property: Do you know what kind of warehouse space you need? Do you need a standard warehouse, flex space, etc? Are you going to be manufacturing goods or distributing them? All of these questions will help determine which space works best for you.
- Hire a Commercial Real Estate Agent: I can’t stress enough how important it is to have a professional help you find a warehouse for rent in Charleston. The market is huge, overwhelming, stressful, and fast paced so it’s best to have a agent on hand who knows how to handle any questions you may have or any issues which may arise.
- Research Properties: Use online tools and websites as well as the professional opinion of your commercial real estate agent to find warehouses for rent that you’re interested in and then if possible, GO SEE THEM IN PERSON. You’re never going to get a true feel for the gems a property holds until you set foot inside the place and see it for yourself.
- Evaluate & Negotiate Lease Terms: Evaluating, negotiating, and renegotiating lease terms is part of the process that can be incredibly stressful and would be better left to a professional. A commercial real estate agent will know how to discover hidden expenses, explain what maintenance & utility costs you’re responsible for, may possibly have knowledge or a relationship with the potential landlord, and will know how to negotiate clauses and concessions to your benefit.
- Sign the lease: Once you and your commercial real estate agent have found the perfect warehouse for rent and negotiated terms, it’s time to sign the lease and get your business off the ground!
Want to learn more? Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!
Commercial Real Estate Broker in Charleston, SC
Mike Ferrer, CCIM, MCR has over 18 years of commercial real estate Brokerage and Development experience. With a focus on warehouses, manufacturing, office buildings, vacant land, and Investment Sales. He opened his own brokerage in 2015, and has completed over $250,000,000 in transactions throughout the Lowcountry.
Mike is the past president of the Commercial MLS for the state of South Carolina and has served on many other civic and philanthropic boards. Mike has a plethora of commercial real estate knowledge and established ties to the local community both statewide and stretching across the entire southeast.